1. Joseph Healey
2. Cephas Agbemenu
3. Joseph Kariuki (Recording)
4. Mercel Mpombo Nsomue firstname.lastname@example.org, 0722459683
5. Fidele Kabasele Jibikilayi email@example.com, 0729013622
6. George Piwoth Atido George.firstname.lastname@example.org 0737811269
7. Margaret W. Ireri email@example.com 0722537774
8. Laur Mwepu Luiza firstname.lastname@example.org 0725806611
9. Tyty Mukendi-wa-Mulumbamukendiwamulumba@yahoo.fr 0722885013
10. Delphin Tshibangu email@example.com 0729664155
11. Francis Njuguna firstname.lastname@example.org 0720434819
12. Elias Bushiri Elie email@example.com 0701391149
Absent with Apologies
1. Sister Rita Ishengoma
2. Simon Rurinjah
3. Thomas Komakech
4. Gerald Wanjohi
5. Roger Tessier
6. Alain Babunga
7. Evan Nyakundi
8. John Mbiti
9. Jeremiah Sudi
10. Grace Njau
1. The meeting started at 10.35 in the morning with a word of prayer done in the form of a story and was followed by self-introductions by the members present.
2. A workshop on how to compose the “African Proverb of the Month” was done. Emphasis was put on the need to follow the format of the proverb of the month as it appears in the African Proverbs, Sayings and Stories Website, www.afriprov.org.
3. The future proverbs of the months were discussed as follows:
(i). September, 2014: Maasai. Kenya and Tanzania by Joseph Kariuki from his booklet of 105 Maasai Proverbs collected from Social Media Forums
(ii). October, 2014: Tembo, DRC by Sikitoka Mboni and Angela Riziki from their booklet of 100 Tembo proverbs
(iii). November, 2014: Gikuyu (Kenya) proverb by Margaret Wambere Ireri from her Booklet of 100 Gikuyu proverbs on Wealth
(iv). December, 2014: Mashi (DRC) Proverb by Tyty Mukendi from his booklet of 100 Mashi Proverbs
(v). January, 2015: Bemba (DRC, Zambia to be provided by Laur Mwepu
(iv). February, 2015: Maasai, Kenya and Tanzania to be provided by Joseph Kariuki
4. The next session focused on reports on grants received for New Booklets of 100 African Proverbs.
Joseph Kariuki received US 500 for completion of his 105 Maasai Proverbs collected from Social Media pages. He also gave his 10 copies of booklets on the same proverbs and sent a copy of the proverb of month selected from the booklet.
Mercel Mpombo Nsomue proposed to collect Maore (?) (Madagascar) proverbs with the assistance of a friend from Madagascar.
5. A second workshop session on how to compile a booklet of 100 proverbs was also held. Emphasis was placed on formatting the various pages of the booklet as well as the content of each section. Proverbs collectors and compilers were asked to consult for reference purposes the previous collections of 100 proverbs posted at the African Proverbs, Sayings and Stories Website, www.afriprov.org .
6. There being no other business the meeting was adjourned at 3.40 p.m. The next meeting is scheduled to be held early in 2015.